- A lack of coaching/development
- Shows little respect for their employees
- Doesn’t seek to understand
- Doesn’t care about their employees
- Lies to cover up the truth
- Will not only whack you but will then dig your grave
- Puts themselves first
Bonus trait – does not want to be challenged by those under them.
Based on my list there are no differences between a bad boss and a mob boss with a few exceptions. A bad boss usually isn’t as powerful as a mob boss and a bad boss’s time will come and they will be ousted out of the organization as a direct result of their behavior.Don’t be a wiseguy or gal and demonstrate these bad boss traits. Be a successful boss. Be a great boss and leave a lasting mark on those who work under you.
More Actionable Advice:
Latest posts by Jason Cortel (see all)
- A Better Way to Have a Difficult Conversation - June 13, 2015
- Add These Tips from Grandma to Your Leadership Tool Kit - May 30, 2015
- Tuesday Tip: Start the Day with Clarity - May 26, 2015